LOYOLA HEALTH CENTRE, JAGIR PANNUR
Sisters of St. Joseph of Tarbes, Mysore Province
The sisters concentrate on rendering their services in the field of Education, Health and Social work. In Jagir Pannur, which belongs to the Diocese of Bellary, the sisters mainly serve the Sick people, treating various diseases like T.B., HIV and to mitigate the spreading of the HIV/Aids and to reduce the stigma among the rural communities and sensitize the high risk behavior groups by awareness programmes and facilitating them with proper medical and psychological support.
The various programmes which we undertake are
- Daily Outpatient and inpatient service at the Health center,
- Conduct normal deliveries in the centre,
- Referral services-Referring of patients to the other hospital for secondary and tertiary care and in case of emergency ,
- Fully equipped laboratory service,
- Mobile Medical clinics in the surrounding villages,
- Awareness programmes in the schools and villages regarding HIV Aids. T.B, Health and Hygiene, Sex Education, Hypertension and Health issues in women,
- Free health medical camps in the villages and in the centre
- Distribution of nutritional supplements to TB and HIV infected patients.